From Venice, a simple dish of raw, thinly sliced beef in a dressing of extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 1 pound de-boned shell of beef or beef filet
- 1/4 pound shaved DeLallo Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper
- Ask your butcher to trim the meat and cut it in very thin slices for you. The slices can also be pounded between two films of plastic wrap. This operation should be done a couple of hours before serving.
- An alternative, perhaps easier way would be to use beef filet. Keep it in the freezer one hour or so and cut it in thin slices. The raw beef should be nicely spread on a serving dish. Top with shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Drizzle the dressing; quickly prepared simply by adding the olive oil to the lemon juice in a bowl while whisking with a fork. Add quite a bit of salt and pepper; on top at the very last second before serving.