Calamata Shrimp Salad with Toasted Garlic Croutons
For your Shopping Cart:
Perfect for lunch or dinner, this colorful salad is a toss-up of cooked shrimp, Calamata olives, red and yellow peppers, tomatoes, fresh herbs and a homemade marinade of red wine vinegar and olive oil. We top it all with homemade garlic croutons for a crunchy, flavorful garnish.
- 3-4 cups cubed bread, day-old works best
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Minced Garlic in Water
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Jumbo Pitted Calamata Olives, sliced
- 1 pound peeled, cooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Chianti – Imported Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces spring mix lettuce
Preheat oven to 375˚F.
Arrange bread cubes on a baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine oil and minced garlic. Drizzle oil over bread and bake, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes until toasted. Allow to cool.
Combine tomatoes, peppers, olives, shrimp, vinegar, thyme, parsley and chives. Mix thoroughly to incorporate. Salt and pepper to taste.
Serve salad atop a bed of lettuce garnished with garlic croutons.
Serves 4 to 6