A creamy, cheesy dish that would gladly stand-in as a side for rice or risotto. With the Italian classic, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and the bold, aromatic basil, you can’t go wrong introducing this recipe to the dinner table.
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup minced onion
1 cup uncooked DeLallo Orzo
1 (14.5-ounce) can of chicken broth
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Add orzo, sautéing until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and most of the broth is absorbed, about 18 to 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmigiano-Reggiano and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.