Tender, browned Brussels sprouts are a fabulous side to any hearty meal. Paired with savory, crisped prosciutto, impress any guest with these garlicky, buttery sprouts. The mellow notes of balsamic vinegar brighten this side into a true star.
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 3 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts
- 5 slices of DeLallo Prosciutto
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 small shallots, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Balsamic Vinegar
- Trim stems and remove outer leaves from Brussels sprouts; wash, then cut larger sprouts in half. In a covered pot, boil Brussels sprouts with enough water to cover until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook prosciutto in hot oil over medium heat; once crispy, remove. Use same pan and oil to cook shallots, garlic and butter. Allow to soften, then add sprouts, salt and pepper.
- Cook for approximately 8 minutes or until browned. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with prosciutto.