Fennel Salad with Olives Gigante
Try this zesty salad as a side to complement seafood or poultry, or simply, enjoy as a small plate. With the aromatic presence of both anise and citrus, this is one preparation you aren't likely to forget.
- 2 fennel bulbs
- 5 oranges, peeled and sliced into rounds
- DeLallo Parmigiano-Reggiano curls, for garnish
- Fennel tops, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Golden Balsamic Style Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Olives Gigante, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Trim the fennel and cut crosswise into thin slices.
In a large bowl, whisk the lemon juice, zest, vinegar, olives, parsley, salt and peppers Whisk in the olive oil slowly. Taste and adjust with salt and lemon juice as needed.
Add the fennel and oranges. Toss to coat.
Arrange the salad on a serving platter and garnish with fresh curls of Parmigiano-Reggiano.