Pumpkin & Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Tomato-Basil Sauce
For your Shopping Cart:
Whether you're looking for a new recipe to add to your holiday line-up or in the mood for a seasonal switch-up, our Pumpkin & Ricotta Stuffed Jumbo Shells won't disappoint. Creamy ricotta, nutty Romano cheese, savory garlic and fresh chopped sage are the perfect way to accent the rich fall favorite—pumpkin! Bake it up with our fresh basil-infused tomato sauce (DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco) and get ready to savor the season!
- 1 (12-ounce) box DeLallo Jumbo Shells (about 40 shells)
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 2 1/2 cups DeLallo Whole-Milk Ricotta
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup DeLallo Grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Minced Garlic in Water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Natural Fine Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (25.25-ounce) jar DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Tomato-Basil Pasta Sauce
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package directions. Drain. Arrange on a baking sheet to cool. Drizzle with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350˚F.
In the meantime, combine pumpkin, ricotta, egg white, 3/4 cup of Romano, garlic, sage, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Stir until full incorporated.
Pour sauce evenly into two 9" x 13" baking dishes. Fill each shell with the pumpkin-cheese mixture. Divide and arrange shells evenly between the two dishes. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Remove shells and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve topped with remaining Romano cheese.