What’s better than one kind of tomato? Two, of course! We feature our sweet sun-dried tomatoes alongside fresh cherry tomatoes in this cheery pasta dish. Served up with our hearty whole-wheat pasta and our Grated Parmesan, the only thing missing is a fresh loaf of crusty bread!
- SERVES: 4-6
- LEVEL: Easy Weeknight
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Linguine
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Nonpareil Capers
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
- Purée sun-dried tomatoes with their oil, garlic, the extra virgin olive oil and capers until smooth. Add cherry tomatoes, setting a few aside for garnishing, and purée again for pesto consistency. Transfer to a large serving bowl and combine with Parmesan and basil. Salt to taste.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add hot pasta to large bowl with pesto. Toss together to incorporate, adding pasta water if necessary to loosen sauce.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomato quarters.