Whole Wheat Pasta Salad with Tomato Marinade
For your Shopping Cart:
In the summer months—but not only! It’s great to season pasta with uncooked, marinated tomato sauce for a different way to enjoy your favorite flavors.
- 5 to 6 fresh Roma tomatoes, chopped or 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo Imported Italian Tomatoes Diced
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives (any variety)
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Nonpareil Capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, plus more to garnish
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Whole Wheat Fusilli
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
For the marinade, combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, scallions, olives, capers and basil in a large bowl. Mix well. Let the mixture set for a few hours to develop flavors.
Once marinade is ready, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook fusilli for al dente texture, according to package directions. Drain and rinse to prevent sticking. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Add cooled pasta to the bowl and toss with tomato sauce. Coat pasta well and top with fresh mozzarella and basil to garnish.
Serves 4 to 6