What’s better than homemade potato gnocchi? Gnocchi stuffed with your favorite fillings—that’s what! Our DeLallo Gnocchi Kit makes it easy to create from-scratch gnocchi at-home and now we show you how to take them to the next level and make them your own.
1. To create gnocchi dough, combine package contents of DeLallo Gnocchi Kit with water in a small mixing bowl. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form. Knead by hand until the dough no longer sticks. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and form into a loaf shape.
2. To form gnocchi, use a knife to cut dough into 1-inch strips. Roll out each strip by-hand into long ropes.
3. Cut each rope into 1-inch pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Press to flatten into 1-inch disks.
4. Spoon filling onto each disk. Fold the dough around the filling to create a small round dumpling. 5. To cook, boil 5 quarts of salted water in a large pot. Cook 3-5 minutes. Gnocchi are done once they float to the top.
6. Gently drain the gnocchi. Immediately toss in a saucepan with desired sauce.
Stuffed Gnocchi Filling Ideas:
• Havarti Cheese
• Hot or Mild Italian Sausage
• Sun-Dried Tomatoes
• Roasted Red Peppers
• Ricotta and Herbs
• Wild Mushrooms
Log in to have access to Delallo’s materials…