We love this weeknight One Pan Bruschetta Salmon Skillet from Dishing out Health. It comes together in just 30 minutes and it is nutritious, flavorful, and bound to become a family favorite.
To view the full post, click here!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 4 (6-ounces) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Private Reserve Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup DeLallo Orzo Pasta
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 3 cups stemmed and torn kale
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Tomato Bruschetta, plus more for garnish
- Optional garnishes: fresh basil, lemon zest and juice, and/or toasted pine nuts.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Blot the salmon dry with a paper towel, and season with 1/2 tsp. each of the salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-safe skillet (such as a cast iron) over medium-high. Place the salmon fillets in the skillet, skin side-down, and cook for 2 minutes. Gently flip, and cook for another 2 minutes, just until the flesh picks some color. Transfer the salmon to a plate. (It will finish cooking in the oven, so don't worry if it's still raw in the center.)
- Lower the heat to medium, and add the butter to the skillet. Once the butter melts, add the shallots and garlic, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in the orzo and remaining 1/2 tsp. each of salt and pepper; cook 2 minutes, until the orzo is lightly toasted.
- Add the wine to deglaze the pan; cook for about 2 minutes, or until most of the liquid reduces.
- Stir in the kale and broth, and bring mixture a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until the orzo starts to soften.
- Nestle the salmon fillets back into the skillet and divide DeLallo Tomato Bruschetta evenly over each fillet. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake at 400°F for 7 to 8 minutes, until the salmon and orzo are fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and add garnishes of choice.