This bowl is packed with healthy green veggies, including kale, Brussels sprouts, and zucchini. Top chewy acini di pepe with vegetables, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, and a briny sauce made with olive tapenade for a healthy grain bowl that keeps you coming back for more.
- SERVES: 4-6
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- Pre heat oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and spread evenly on 1 prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 25 minutes, stirring twice.
- In another large bowl, combine zucchini, 2 tablespoons oil and 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss well to coat and spread evenly on 1 prepared baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, flip zucchini and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook acini di pepe according to package instructions. Drain, transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- While vegetables and orzo are cooking, make the olive sauce: In a small bowl, combine the tapenade, oil, juice and zest of lemon. Add half of the sauce to the acini di pepe and toss to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they start to become translucent, but not brown. Add kale to the skillet and place a cover over the top. Cook, stirring occasionally with tongs, until kale is bright green and slightly tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Divide acini di pepe evenly into bowls and arrange top with kale, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes and pine nuts. Serve remaining olive sauce on the side for drizzling.