I have salad today…not cookies…and I am excited about it!! This is the good kind of salad guys, meaning not boring in any which way. And maybe most exciting of all?? Christmas is coming early for one of you!
Check out the full recipe here!
- SERVES: 4 as a side salad
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 4 DeLallo Fresh SaladSavors® salad topping packs (OR 2 cups raw walnuts, 1 cup dried cranberries and 8 ounces crumbled goat cheese)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups mixed greens (I used baby kale and spinach)
- 2 cups arugula
- arils from one pomegranate
Balsamic Fig Dressing
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fig preserves
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pick out the walnuts from all four of the Salad Savors packets and add them to the baking sheet. Toss the walnuts with the maple syrup, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and salt. Bake for 15-25 minutes, stirring 2-3 time throughout cooking until the walnuts are toasted and golden. Remove from the oven and spread the walnuts in one layer. Allow to cool.
- Add the greens to a large salad bowl. Add the pomegranate arils and the cranberries from the DeLallo Fresh Salad Savors. Add the cooled walnuts and gently toss the salad. Add the goat cheese.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fig preserves and salt until combined. Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss. Enjoy!