Strawberry Fennel Salad with Shaved Pecorino
For your Shopping Cart:
A summer salad with the crisp, clean taste of fennel and juicy, tart strawberries. We toss this tasty salad with a fresh, homemade balsamic vinaigrette to bring out the best flavors of the strawberry. Toasted pine nuts and coarse sea salt give this salad an added texture.
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Aged Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
- 1/2 teaspoon DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt, plus more for fennel
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 head fennel, cored and cut into paper-thin slices
- 5 ounces arugula
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/3 cup toasted DeLallo Pine Nuts
- 2 ounces Pecorino Romano, shaved
In a bowl, combine vinegars, salt, pepper and shallots. Add oil in a slow, steady stream while whisking, until fully incorporated.
Combine fennel, a pinch of sea salt, arugula, strawberries and pine nuts in a large serving bowl. Toss together until thoroughly combined. Drizzle with vinaigrette and season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to coat.
Garnish with shaved Romano.