Asparagus, Lemon & Ricotta Pasta
This anytime dish is the perfect complement to fresh, springtime asparagus. Try using goat cheese, instead of ricotta, as a variation. A creamy, tasty, quick-and-easy presentation for your next kitchen creation!
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Penne Rigate Regine
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 6 ounces DeLallo Whole-Milk Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for al dente texture, according to package instructions. About 3 minutes before it is done, add asparagus. Drain pasta and asparagus. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water for finishing.
In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon zest, tarragon and ricotta. Add hot pasta and asparagus to the bowl. Toss until thoroughly combined, adding 1 cup of pasta water to smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 to 6