Spicy Chicken Arrabbiata Capellini
Pasta and chicken are the perfect duo in this spicy capellini dish. Inspired by the Southern Italian tradition of red-hot chilies, we balance the heat of the pepper with citrus and baby arugula for one accomplished meal—easy enough for a week-night dinner.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, lightly smashed
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Capellini
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, optional
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Lemon Juice
- 4 ounces arugula
Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
Coat chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Rub with paprika and chili pepper. Arrange chicken in a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta for al dente texture. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking water.
In a large saucepan on medium high heat, cook bacon with garlic and remaining olive oil until crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove garlic and discard.
Add cooked pasta, lemon juice, zest and arugula to the pan. Add cooking water, if desired to help coat. Toss together for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat to incorporate flavors.
Serve chicken sliced atop pasta.