Classic Three-Cheese Lasagna
For your Shopping Cart:
You can never go wrong with a classic! Our Classic Three Cheese Lasagna recipe is the perfect meal for any occassion. Deliciously cheesy, it's as easy as one, two... three!
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 2 (25.25-ounce) jars DeLallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) containers DeLallo Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9-ounce) box DeLallo No-Boil Lasagna (15 sheets)
- 5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 1 1/4 pound)
In a medium non-stick pan over medium heat, sauté the beef and veal until cooked through, breaking up meat with back of spatula, about 8 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and allow to cool. Mix the browned meat with the marinara sauce in a bowl.
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Combine ricotta, 3/4 cup Parmigiano and parsley in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix in eggs.
Spread 1/2 cup sauce over bottom of 13 by 9-inch baking dish. Place cooked lasagna sheets over sauce, overlapping to fit. Dollop half of ricotta mixture evenly over the sheets. Sprinkle 1/2 of the provolone cheese evenly over ricotta mixture. Then, spoon 1 1/2 cups of sauce over cheese, spreading with spatula to cover. Repeat layering with remaining lasagna sheets, ricotta mixture, provolone and sauce.
Top the final layer with remaining sauce and Parmesan. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for about 45 minutes.
Uncover, then bake until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Let lasagna stand 10 minutes before serving.