Creamy Orecchiette & Peppers Pasta Salad
For your Shopping Cart:
A colorful addition to your summertime recipes, this macaroni salad shows off its "little ears" in a tangy mayo dressing tossed with crunchy peppers, cubes of creamy mozzarella, salami and a sprinkling of parsley. It's as beautiful as it is delicious!
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Golden Balsamic Style vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Natural Fine Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Orecchiette, cooked & cooled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (we used 1/2 red, 1/2 yellow)
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, cubed
- 1/2 pound mozzarella, cubed
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Nonpareil Capers
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian parsley
In a bowl, combine milk and 1 tablespoon of golden vinegar. Allow mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
In the meantime, toss pasta, onion, peppers, salami, mozzarella, capers and Italian parsley in a large serving bowl.
To finish dressing, whisk milk and vinegar mixture with mayonnaise, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Once thoroughly incorporated, add dressing to pasta salad and mix well. Salt and pepper final dish to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.