|These “little ears” perfectly scoop mouthfuls of tender green peas and crispy pancetta in each bite. You can substitute ricotta in place of the cream if you want to lighten up on the calories.|
Orecchiette with Peas, Pancetta & Cream
These “little ears” perfectly scoop mouthfuls of tender green peas and crispy pancetta in each bite. You can substitute ricotta in place of the cream if you want to lighten up on the calories.
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Orecchiette
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 pound DeLallo Pancetta, cut 1/4-inch thick, then cubed into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock or water
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and garlic on a medium setting. Add the pancetta to the pan and cook until golden brown. Transfer pancetta to a dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Add onions and cook until soft and translucent. Add chicken stock and season with salt and pepper. Stir in pancetta and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add cream. Simmer for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Add the hot cooked pasta to the pan. Mix well to coat.. Stir in the peas and cheese.
- Serve immediately.