Watermelon, Olive & Feta Salad
A unique way to enjoy some of the best flavors of summer! A cool salad of watermelon, creamy feta and smoky, purple-hued Calamata olives.You have to try this! Prepare it as a cubed watermelon salad or serve the watermelon in wedges topped with all the ingredients.
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Juice of 2 limes
- Zest of 1 lime
- 4 pounds watermelon (about 1/4 of melon) cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Pitted Calamata Olives, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped mint
- DeLallo Modenacrem Balsamic Glaze, for drizzling (optional)
Place the sliced onions in a small bowl with the lime juice. Let them rest for 10 minutes so the acid of the lime mellows the flavor of the raw onion.
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon cubes, feta cheese, Calamata olives, onions with the lime zest and mint. If needed, add more lime juice.