Whole Wheat Linguine with Fresh Tomatoes & Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
For your Shopping Cart:
What's better than one kind of tomato? Two, of course! We feature our sweet sun-dried tomatoes alongside fresh cherry tomatoes in this cheery pasta dish. Served up with our hearty whole wheat pasta and our Grated Parmesan, the only thing missing is a fresh loaf of crusty bread!
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Linguine
- 1 (6.5-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons DeLallo Nonpareil Capers
- 9 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta. Cook according to package instructions.
Purée sun-dried tomatoes with their oil, garlic, the extra virgin olive oil and capers until smooth. Add cherry tomatoes, setting a few aside for garnishing, and purée again for pesto consistency. Transfer to a large serving bowl and combine with Parmesan and basil. Salt to taste.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water. Add hot pasta to large bowl with pesto. Toss together to incorporate, adding pasta water if necessary to loosen sauce.
Serve immediately, garnished with tomato quarters.
Serves 4 to 6