Creamy Dill Farfalle with Salmon
For your Shopping Cart:
Hot or cold, this pasta dish is a colorful, flavorful way to impress any crowd! We feature our bowties with savory salmon and green peas in a sweet and tangy cream sauce of mascarpone and Parmesan. The lively scent of dill is the perfect herbal complement.
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skinned
- 1 1/2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Farfalle
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped dill
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (6.5-ounce) jar DeLallo Sun Dried Tomatoes, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Turn oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Cook salmon fillet on top of parchment. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil until flaky and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Allow salmon to cool. Once salmon is cooled, cut into bite-sized pieces
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
In a small saucepan before heating, whisk 1/4 cup milk with flour until smooth. Add remaining milk and continue whisking over heat with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk until sauce becomes thick and creamy, about 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in mascarpone, Parmesan, lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of dill. Stir until cheese is melted.
In a large serving bowl, toss sauce with pasta, peas, sun-dried tomatoes and salmon. Top with lemon zest and remaining dill.
Serve immediately or refrigerate to present as a cold pasta salad.
Serves 4 to 6 as entree