For your Shopping Cart:
Originating in Naples, the Margherita pizza is a traditional pie made up of fresh, simple ingredients—the heart of true Italian cuisine.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Italian Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo Imported San Marzano Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
Divide toppings between each crust. First, brush dough with olive oil. Then, top with San Marzano tomatoes and mozzarella rounds. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned. Serve topped with fresh basil.
Makes 2 thick-crust pizzas.