|Originating in Naples, the best Margherita pizza is a traditional pie made up of fresh, simple ingredients—the heart of true Italian cuisine.|
Best Pizza Margherita
Originating in Naples, the best Margherita pizza is a traditional pie made up of fresh, simple ingredients—the heart of true Italian cuisine.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (28-ounce) can DeLallo Imported San Marzano Tomatoes, drained and diced
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Divide toppings between each crust. First, brush dough with olive oil. Then, top with San Marzano tomatoes and mozzarella rounds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned. Serve topped with fresh basil.