Braised Chicken & Artichokes
The marinade from the jars of marinated artichokes add instant flavor to this slow-simmered dish. Serve with a side of baked rosemary-seasoned potatoes for the ideal meal.
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 (6-ounce) jars DeLallo Marinated Artichoke Hearts, drain and reserve 4 tablespoons marinade
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the breasts in the skillet. Cook until browned on both sides, about 15 minutes.
Add the reserved marinade, broth, lemon juice, zest and hot pepper. Reduce to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Add the artichoke hearts and fresh oregano. Simmer until the liquid has slightly reduced. Serve immediately.