Summer Pasta Salad with Grilled Zucchini, Ricotta, Pesto & Olives
For your Shopping Cart:
Summer is the best time to grill anything- especially fresh vegetables. This summer pasta salad is an excellent example: tender, grilled zucchini accompanied by rich pesto dressing, Greek olives, roasted garlic and creamy ricotta for a delicious combination of flavors. Add grilled chicken or fish to make it a hearty meal.
*Make it gluten-free and substitute our Whole Wheat Orzo for our Gluten-Free Whole Grain Rice Penne Rigate.
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Pesto
- 2 teaspons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Organic Whole Wheat Rigatoni
- 1 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (7-ounce) DeLallo Jumbo Pitted Calamata Olives Ready Pack, chopped
- 4 cloves DeLallo Whole Roasted Garlic antipasto, diced
- 4 ounces DeLallo Whole Milk Ricotta
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for grilling
Whisk the pesto and lemon juice together in a small bowl. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until fully incorporated. Continue to whisk for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Set the dressing aside for 10 minutes to allow the flavor to develop.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add salt, then add the pasta. Cook until al dente, then drain in a colander and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, drizzle zucchini with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill for about 5 minutes for visible grill marks.
In a saucepan, toss halved grape tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sauté for about 4 to 5 minutes—until tomatoes are soft and slightly caramelized.
In a mixing bowl, toss whole wheat pasta with dressing, then combine with grilled zucchini, tomatoes, chopped olives and roasted garlic. Top with small dollops of ricotta.
Serves 4 to 6