Garlic Sautéed Escarole with Cannellini Beans
A classic Italian dish—greens and beans. We use our meaty, tender Cannellini beans with savory escarole and sauté them together with bold garlic and red pepper flakes. Perfectly hearty, but light enough for the warmer weather.
- 2 large bunches escarole, thick stems removed and chopped into 1-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can DeLallo Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- DeLallo Natural Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, blanch escarole by allowing to boil for 2 to 3 minutes per bunch, until bright colored.
Heat olive oil over a medium-high setting until oil becomes hot, about 2 minutes. Add smashed garlic and red pepper. Sauté to infuse oil until garlic turns golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in escarole and add broth. Cover with a lid and cook together for about 10 minutes. Add beans, stirring to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Serves 4 to 6