tomato-sauced up orzo baked in a skillet with red peppers, kale, chicken – or
chickpeas – and a topping of feta, lemon juice, and fresh dill is Perfect for
chilly fall nights.|
To view the full post, click here!
Greek Baked Orzo
Lightly tomato-sauced up orzo baked in a skillet with red peppers, kale, chicken – or chickpeas – and a topping of feta, lemon juice, and fresh dill is Perfect for chilly fall nights. To view the full post, click here!
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Tomato Paste
- 1 cup DeLallo Orzo Pasta
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can DeLallo Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1–2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (14-ounce) can DeLallo Imported Chickpeas
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1–2 tablespoons butter
- feta and dill for topping
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- n a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic, red pepper, kale, oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt. Saute for 5 minutes or until the kale is wilted.
- Add the tomato paste. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the orzo, canned tomatoes, chicken or chickpeas, and broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the orzo is soft.
- Finish by stirring in butter, crumbling feta over the top, and dusting with some fresh dill, lemon juice, and freshly ground black pepper.