|A simple protein-loaded bean salad that is as colorful and flavorful as it is delicious. Enjoy it as a light summer lunch or hearty snack.|
Marinated Chickpea Salad with Feta and Roasted Tomatoes
A simple protein-loaded bean salad that is as colorful and flavorful as it is delicious. Enjoy it as a light summer lunch or hearty snack.
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Sweet Golden Sweet Balsamic-Style Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil Seasoning
- 1/4 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (14-ounce) can DeLallo Imported Chickpeas, drained
- 2 (8-ounce) packages DeLallo Italian Roasted Tomatoes, drained
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for serving
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse chickpeas in a colander until no more foam appears. Allow to drain for at least 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar and seasoning. While whisking, add the olive oil in a slow steady stream to emulsify
- Place chickpeas in small storage bag. Add dressing to the bag and toss gently to coat. Allow beans to marinate beans in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
- In a serving bowl, toss together the tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh basil. Add the beans with dressing and mix well to coat.
- Season salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Gently fold in the crumbled feta. Serve.