There are not too many things better than fresh summer tomatoes! @bevcooks shares her favorite fresh, quick and easy summertime sauce recipe with us. It’s summer in a bowl!
Gnocchi with Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 2 large fresh tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi or DeLallo Gnocchi Kit
- About a cup of fresh basil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large food processor, add the two roughly chopped tomatoes. Pulse until very smooth and silky.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium. Add the garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes to the skillet, a good pinch of salt, and about half the basil. Simmer this on a medium low heat for roughly ten minutes, letting the sauce come alive.
- Add the boxed gnocchi to the sauce and let it simmer another five minutes uncovered, until plump and tender.
- Garnish with extra basil, a fresh grind of pepper and a little parmesan cheese. Done. Enjoy summer living.