Canned whole tomatoes are an essential pantry staple. We offer a few varieties for you have on hand for your home cooking convenience.
Canned Whole Tomatoes - The Delallo Difference
Canned whole tomatoes are an essential ingredient in so many of your favorite recipes, but not any old can will do. DeLallo boasts the finest tomatoes chosen for their superior taste, texture and consistency of quality. Our tomatoes are vine-ripened and harvested by-hand at their peak—red, ripe and bursting with a sunny and rich tomato flavor. To capture tomatoes at their best, they are packed quickly within 24 hours of harvest. DeLallo makes it easy to bring the best canned whole tomatoes to your kitchen.
Canned Whole Tomatoes You Can Buy
Canned whole tomatoes are a pantry must-have. DeLallo offers a few varieties of canned whole tomatoes for your home cooking convenience. Each variety features the best Italian tomatoes packed whole and peeled (with their skins removed).
Italian Whole Peeled Plum Tomatoes
Italian Whole Peeled Tomatoes
San Marzano Style Whole Peeled Tomatoes
5 Reasons You Should Buy Whole Canned Tomatoes
1. Versatility. Canned whole tomatoes are the most versatile of all the canned tomato varieties. Whole peeled tomatoes can be made into whatever format you need: chopped, diced, crushed, blended, puréed, etc.
2. Better for cooking. Canned whole tomatoes cook down better. Calcium chloride is used in diced tomato varieties so that the pieces will hold their shape during cooking.
3. No additional seasonings. Unlike canned tomato sauces and stewed tomatoes, canned whole tomatoes allow you to add your own seasonings.
4. Consistency. Canned whole tomatoes are simply that. Other types of tomatoes vary wildly in size and style.
5. Purée or juice. When it comes to canned whole tomatoes, they usually come packed in purée or juice. Each gives the tomato a different presentation in your recipes. Purée is a richer flavor, while juice captures a bright fresh tomato flavor.
Ways To Use Whole Canned Tomatoes
Canned whole tomatoes are for more than just pasta sauces. Create cold-weather soups like Minestrone, Tomato-Basil and Pasta e Fagioli. Use whole peeled tomatoes for a simple pizza sauce. Cook up an Italian-inspired seafood stew with mussels, shrimp and clams. For more inspiration, check out our favorite recipes using whole canned tomatoes.
Shop all DeLallo Tomatoes.