Tortellini pasta is a stuffed pasta to remember. Our authentic Italian recipe comes together with hand-selected ingredients for a homestyle flavor and sauce-capturing texture.
What Is Tortellini?
Tortellini is a ring-shaped pasta typically stuffed with cheese, meat or vegetables. In Bologna, Italy, where it originated, it is commonly made into tortellini soup. It is a tradition to serve this soup (made with chicken broth) during the Christmas holiday. In the U.S., tortellini is best known for pairing with sauces—from tomato to cream sauces—in popular pasta dishes. A versatile pasta to have on hand, this iconic stuffed pasta can be made into tortellini pasta salads, side dishes and even baked tortellini. There isn’t much tortellini pasta can’t do.
Tortellini - The Delallo Difference
Crafted with our authentic Italian recipe, DeLallo Tortellini Pasta is a delicate egg pasta artfully pinched around a savory blend of Italian cheeses. Only the finest durum wheat semolina goes into our egg pasta, creating a superior taste and texture—the ideal comfort food!
Types Of Tortellini Pasta You Can Buy
How To Cook Our Tortellini
Cooking the tortellini is super easy and can be done in under 15 minutes.
1. In a large pot, bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil.
2. Just before the water comes to a rolling boil, add pasta to the pot.
3. Boil gently for about 14 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking. Tortellini are done once they float to the top.
4. Drain tortellini and add to your favorite DeLallo Sauce.
Cooking Tips For Tortellini
• Tortellini are delicate, so be gentle when boiling and when draining them.
• Reserve 1 cup of hot pasta cooking water. This can be used, as needed, to extend sauces or to create a creamier consistency in your final dish.
• The only time it is okay to rinse pasta in cold water is when using it to create a cold pasta salad. This will prevent sticking.
The Best Sauces For Tortellini
In Italy, tortellini are traditionally served in broth-based soups, but this versatile stuffed pasta invites you to get creative. To keep it simple, tortellini shines in light sauces of butter or olive oil, fresh herbs and Parmesan cheese. Rich and creamy sauces—like Alfredo or the tomato-cream Vodka Sauce—are another option for the popular stuffed pasta rings. Of course, tortellini can be served with a classic bright and tangy tomato sauce as an entrée or a side dish. We love tortellini with our signature Simply Pesto® Traditional Basil Sauce—hot or cold as a picnic pasta salad.
Our Favorite And Delicious Tortellini Recipes
Try some of our favorite tortellini recipes:
Pesto Tortellini Salad
Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup
Chicken Meatball Tortellini Soup
11 Recipes For Your Favorite Stuffed Pasta Rings