yourself to pizza… lunch, dinner & dessert. This sweet dessert recipe
features fall favorites: creamy mascarpone, a layer of fresh-sliced
Honeycrisp apples and homemade caramel sauce. Oh, and we top it off with
crispy pecans for good measure.|
Recipe developed for DeLallo by:
Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza
Treat yourself to pizza… lunch, dinner & dessert. This sweet dessert recipe features fall favorites: creamy mascarpone, a layer of fresh-sliced Honeycrisp apples and homemade caramel sauce. Oh, and we top it off with crispy pecans for good measure. Recipe developed for DeLallo by:
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 apples, thinly sliced (we used Honeycrisp)
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Lemon Juice Slice
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Caramel Sauce:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- While dough rises, create caramel sauce. Combine brown sugar, butter and cream in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring continually until butter melts completely. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and salt until smooth. Pour caramel sauce into a glass jar to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand into 8-inch rounds on two lightly oiled baking pans. Bake for 14 minutes, until cooked through and golden. Remove pizzas from the oven.
- Pulse mascarpone and maple syrup in a food processor until smooth. Spread mixture over each pizza. Combine sugar and cinnamon, and then sprinkle over mascarpone. Next, toss apple slices in lemon juice and layer over pizzas. Drizzle caramel sauce over pizzas and top with pecans.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.