|Meatballs on a pizza? You can’t get this kind of extraordinary pie delivered, but thanks to our Italian Pizza Dough Kit, it’s easy to make at home. We top it off with tangy-sweet sun-dried peppers.|
Mini Meatball Pizza with Sun-Dried Peppers
Meatballs on a pizza? You can’t get this kind of extraordinary pie delivered, but thanks to our Italian Pizza Dough Kit, it’s easy to make at home. We top it off with tangy-sweet sun-dried peppers.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 (6.7-ounce) jar DeLallo Sweet & Tangy Sun-Dried Peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen mini meatballs, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) jar DeLallo Pizzeria-Style Pizza Sauce
- 4 ounces provolone, shredded
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 500˚F.
- Cut prepared pizza dough in half. Roll out dough into a circle on a floured surface.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a medium skillet, add onions and cook until golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Add peppers and cook until warmed through about 5 minutes.
- Evenly spread the sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2 -inch border around the edges. Scatter the cooked onions and peppers over the sauce. In any even layer, arrange the meatballs on top, then sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbling and beginning to brown, 12-14 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 2 minutes. Slice and serve.