We love risotto. It looks impressive. It sounds fancy. Feels lux. But in reality, they are really easy to make and don’t require too many ingredients or time.. What’s Gaby Cooking used our San Marzano Tomatoes to make this tasty, cheesy risotto.
We love risotto. It looks impressive. It sounds fancy. Feels lux. But in reality, they are really easy to make and don’t require too many ingredients or time. What’s Gaby Cooking used our San Marzano Tomatoes to make this tasty, cheesy risotto.
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 10 ounces DeLallo Imported San Marzano Tomatoes D.O.P., crushed
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cup DeLallo Arborio Rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup DeLallo Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- Salt and tons of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- In a medium saucepan, combine the stock and tomatoes and heat over low heat until just warmed through.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and sauté until translucent. Add the zucchini and garlic and cook until softened. Add the Arborio rice to the skillet, making sure to stir it around in the olive oil so that each granule is coated with it, and toast it for about 90 seconds
- Add the white wine and stir the rice until all the wine has been absorbed and then start adding the stock mixture 1/2 cup at a time, making sure not to add more until the previous addition has been absorbed
- Once the rice is just tender, add the cheese and combine. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Serve with basil and cheese on top.