No more gritty, earthy-tasting pasta. After years of searching for just the right grain and perfecting the process and ratio, we’ve done it. Our whole-wheat pasta boasts the irresistible taste and texture of traditional Italian pasta… with the added benefits of hearty whole-wheat goodness.
This incredible whole-wheat pasta begins just 50km south of Naples, in Campania, Italy, where pasta was born. We start with an exquisite blend of certified-organic hard durum wheat. Wheat is selected for its high gluten and protein content—factors that determine how well it cooks, but also its resulting taste and texture.
Our approach to pasta-making comes from generations of experience and the traditional methods that have created great pasta for decades.
Product Features - 8 Quick Facts on Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Made with the finest quality organic hard-durum wheat from Italy.
- Produced in Campania, Italy, just 50km south of Naples—the birthplace of pasta.
- Authentic Italian pasta artfully crafted by generations of pasta-making experience.
- Only two ingredients: organic wheat and water. No additives or enriched flours.
- Formed with artisanal bronze dies to impart a rougher surface texture made for capturing sauces.
- Slow-dried at low temperatures to retain fresh-bread flavor and nutrients.
- Always cooks up al dente for desired traditional pasta texture.
- Offered in many shapes: from classics like Penne and Spaghetti to fun, recipe-driven cuts like Orzo, Casarecce and Cavatappi.
Why We Love Whole-Wheat Pasta
Is eating whole-wheat pasta good for you?
One of the biggest differences between whole-wheat pasta and regular pasta that whole-wheat pasta is made with 100% whole wheat. This means that whole-wheat pasta contains all three parts of the wheat grain: the bran, the germ and the endosperm. Traditional “white” semolina pasta, on the other hand, is made with only the endosperm after a refining process.
What are the benefits of eating whole wheat?
Whole grain foods like whole-wheat pasta have higher percentages of key nutrients like iron, dietary fiber, folate, magnesium, and vitamin A. They also reduce health risks like heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and strokes when regularly incorporated into one’s diet.
What makes DeLallo whole-wheat pasta different?
We offer classic cuts like rigatoni and spaghetti to more unique and recipe-driven pasta shapes like orzo and casarecce; your pursuit for whole-wheat pasta shouldn’t be boring.
In addition, we use bronze plates to extrude our whole-wheat pasta. This traditional method of pasta-making gives each noodle a rougher surface to hug your sauces.
How it's made:
We carefully choose wheat with the highest gluten index, gluten content and protein content. The durum wheat is milled into coarse ground semolina flour and then carefully kneaded with cold, fresh, mineral-rich mountain spring water. We dry our pasta slowly at low temperatures to reproduce the traditional way of making pasta. This method respects the ingredients, preserving the pasta’s color, texture and aroma.