Whole Wheat Pasta
Healthy & Delicious
8 Quick Facts on Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Made with the finest quality organic hard-durum wheat from Italy.
- Produced in Campania, Italy, just 50km south of Naples—the birthplace of pasta.
- Authentic Italian pasta artfully crafted by generations of pasta-making experience.
- Only two ingredients: organic wheat and water. No additives or enriched flours.
- Formed with artisanal bronze dies to impart a rougher surface texture made for capturing sauces.
- Slow-dried at low temperatures to retain fresh-bread flavor and nutrients.
- Always cooks up al dente for desired traditional pasta texture.
- Offered in many shapes: from classics like Penne Rigate and Spaghetti to fun, recipe-driven cuts like Orzo, Radiatori and Fusilli Bucati.
The DeLallo Difference
No more gritty, earthy-tasting pasta. After years of searching for just the right grain and perfecting the process and ratio, we’ve done it. Our whole-wheat pasta boasts the irresistible taste and texture of traditional Italian pasta… with the added benefits of hearty whole-wheat goodness.
This incredible whole-wheat pasta begins just 50km south of Naples, in Campania, Italy, where pasta was born. We start with an exquisite blend of certified-organic hard durum wheat. Wheat is selected for its high gluten and protein content—factors that determine how well it cooks, but also its resulting taste and texture.
Our approach to pasta-making comes from generations of experience and the traditional methods that have created great pasta for decades.
Once selected, superior grains are expertly milled into coursely ground semolina. This includes all parts of the grain (from soft endosperm to the outer bran), which gives our pasta “whole” wheat status. Next, semolina is kneaded with fresh, mineral-rich spring water to create the pasta dough.
We use bronze dies to extrude pasta. This traditional method creates a rougher surface area—an ideal texture that is made to absorb sauces better, allowing for the perfect marriage of pasta and sauce.
Once extruded, pasta is dried slowly at low temperatures. Drying pasta in this natural way preserves its color, texture and flavor throughout the cooking process and helps to create that signature al dente bite: a tender, but firm bite with a speck of white at its core. This is what we call the “soul” of the pasta.
Recognized by the Whole-Wheat Council, DeLallo Organic Whole-Wheat Pasta is high in fiber, nutrient rich and great-tasting.