This broccoli cheese pan fried gnocchi recipe from @healthyishfoods is easy to make and comes together in just over 30 minutes, making it perfect any night of the week. Loaded with delicious potato gnocchi, easy cheese sauce and tender broccoli, your entire family will love this recipe.
Pan Fried Gnocchi with Broccoli Cheese Sauce
This broccoli cheese pan fried gnocchi recipe from @healthyishfoods is easy to make and comes together in just over 30 minutes, making it perfect any night of the week. Loaded with delicious potato gnocchi, easy cheese sauce and tender broccoli, your entire family will love this recipe. Get all the tips for making your new favorite weeknight dinner: Broccoli Cheese Pan Fried Gnocchi.
- Pan Fried Gnocchi:
- 1 (1-pound) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets, softened
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon AP flour
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 4 ounces American cheese, cut into cubes
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- cracked black pepper
- red pepper flakes
- Italian parsley
- Cheese Sauce Instructions:
- Grab a small sauce pot and add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon AP flour over medium heat.
- Once the roux begins to bubble, slowly add the 2% milk to form a bechamel sauce.
- Then, you’ll add the chicken broth. Whisk together.
- Next, add cubed Velveeta and ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. Whisk until well combined and melted. Reduce the heat to low.
- If the sauce gets too tight, simply add a touch more chicken broth.
- Pan Fried Gnocchi Instructions:
- Heat an oven safe or cast-iron pan with olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Once hot add the raw, uncooked gnocchi to the pan.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Sauté the gnocchi for 8-10 minutes or until they begin to lightly brown on the outside.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pan. Stir well and sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
- Next, pour the cheese sauce over the top of the gnocchi and broccoli.
- Toss everything together.
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup shredded mozzarella and broil for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Option to garnish with Italian parsley, red pepper flakes, and cracked black pepper.
- Serve hot.