These Italian marinated olives from @foodiecrush are delicious and super simple to make. Just combine the olives with lemon zest, garlic and herbs and you will be ready for any get-together.
The Best Easy Marinated Olives
- 1 (5.3-ounce) jar DeLallo Pitted Castelvetrano Olives
- 1 (5.3-ounce) jar DeLallo Pitted Calamata Olives
- 1 cup DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6-8 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Drain the olives in a colander and rinse in cool water. Set aside to drain.
- In a medium skillet, add the oil, smashed garlic cloves, half of the fresh herbs (reserve the rest for packing with the olives), lemon zest, red chile flakes, and black peppercorns. Bring to medium heat and cook for 3-4 minutes, swirling the herbs in the oil, until the garlic is fragrant and the herbs sizzle. Remove from the heat, season with the kosher salt, and set aside.
- In a quart jar with a fitted lid, layer the olives with the garlic, and cooked and reserved fresh herbs. Pour the flavored oil over the olives. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The olives taste better the longer they sit in the flavored oil, up to 3 days before serving.