|The perfect pie for a pepper lover! This homestyle Italian pizza recipe is brimming with briny, zesty banana pepper rings and our famous Pepperazzi™ Peppers. Set it off with a fragrant finish of fresh basil leaves.|
Zesty Sweet Pepper Pizza
The perfect pie for a pepper lover! This homestyle Italian pizza recipe is brimming with briny, zesty banana pepper rings and our famous Pepperazzi™ Peppers. Set it off with a fragrant finish of fresh basil leaves.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Italian Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup DeLallo Imported Italian Pizza Sauce
- 2 1/2 cups shredded provolone
- 1 cup DeLallo Hot Banana Pepper Rings, drained
- 10 DeLallo Pepperazzi™ Peppers, halved
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Divide sauce and toppings between each crust. First, spread a thin layer of pizza sauce. Top with cheeses and peppers.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned. Serve topped with fresh basil.