This creamy Chicken Florentine Pasta recipe is an easy and tasty weeknight recipe that the whole family will love. On the table in half an hour, this Italian inspired dish comes together easily and is packed full of flavor. Make this easy pasta recipe for a fun and festive pasta party this Fall!
To view the full post for the Chicken Florentine Pasta Recipe, click here!
- SERVES: 4-6
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 1 pound Delallo Penne Ziti Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 tbsp. DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a 6-qt. Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 30 seconds. Add spinach; cook and stir just until wilted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from pot and set aside.
- In same pot, add olive oil over medium/high heat. Season each side of each chicken breast with salt, pepper, and oregano. Cook on each side for approximately 8 minutes or until fully cooked. Set aside and allow to rest for 5 minutes; slice into thin strips.
- In the same dutch oven, add the white wine to deglaze the pan. After wine is simmering, scrape all the chicken bits to the center, they hold a ton of flavor! Add in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Slowly stir in the mozzarella, parmesan, and cream cheese. Stir in the salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Heat through until all the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add pasta to the sauce, tossing to fully coat. Stir in the spinach mixture and the chicken. Sprinkle with the bread crumbs. Serve immediately. Enjoy!