Known as “angel hair,” this super thin long-cut pasta shines with sauces and ingredients that are light in texture and flavor: fresh tomato, olive oil, lemon, basil, scallops and shrimp. We love adding Capellini to broth-based soups.
DeLallo Pasta comes from the town where pasta was born, a region near Naples, at the beginning of the Amalfi Coast. The art of making our pasta begins with the very best quality wheat. We carefully choose wheat with the highest gluten index, gluten content and protein content. All of these characteristics affect how the past cooks, as well as its taste and texture. The durum wheat is milled into coarse ground semolina flour and then carefully kneaded with cold, fresh, mineral-rich mountain spring water. We dry our pasta slowly at low temperatures to reproduce the traditional way of making pasta. This method respects the ingredients, preserving the pasta’s color, texture and aroma.
- Made with an exclusive blend of the highest quality durum wheat with a high gluten content.
- Extruded slowly for a remarkable texture.
- Dried slowly at low temperatures to preserve pasta’s color, texture and flavor throughout the cooking process.
- Cooks up for that signature al dente texture: a tender but firm bite with a fleck of white at its center—what we call the pasta’s soul.
- Made in an egg and nut free facility. Vegan. Contains wheat.
- Perishable Product: