maybe I’m biased, but seriously – has kale pesto ever looked so delicious
and, uh, NOT-kale-pesto-y? But there it is. Kale. On a breakfast pizza. This
is cheesy breakfast perfection and I love it so.|
Check out the full recipe here!
pinch of yum
Breakfast Pizza with Kale Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Like, maybe I’m biased, but seriously – has kale pesto ever looked so delicious and, uh, NOT-kale-pesto-y? But there it is. Kale. On a breakfast pizza. This is cheesy breakfast perfection and I love it so.
- 1 batch of DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- ½ cup kale pesto (or DeLallo Simply Pesto® Sauce - Traditional Basil)
- ½ cup chopped DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomatoes packed in olive oil
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3-4 large eggs
- parsley and Parmesan for topping
- (cooked chorizo, bacon, or sausage if you want to add meat!)
- Prepare the pizza dough according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, or the hottest temp your oven can handle. Hot = good for the crust.
- Divide into two pieces. Stretch one of the pieces into a 14-inch round pizza (I didn't measure, I just stretched till it was starting to get thin in the middle), coating with flour to prevent sticking. Transfer to a baking sheet, pizza pan, or baking stone. Freeze the other piece of dough for a future pizza.
- Spread the pizza with the kale pesto (you might not need ½ cup depending on how thick your pesto is - just spread it until you get a thin layer on each pizza). Arrange the sun dried tomatoes in an even layer over the pesto and top with cheese. Make three or four small wells in the cheese to make room for the eggs. Crack the eggs and arrange them (raw) among the top cheese layer.
- Bake the pizza on the highest rack for 6-10 minutes, until the crust is baked, the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the eggs are cooked to your liking (I like the yolks to be soft). Remove from oven, let it stand a few minutes, and cut into slices. YUM!