|Gnocchi for breakfast? You better believe it. Who says dinnertime gets all the fun? Try your favorite Italian pasta in this savory breakfast skillet. We dare you.|
Gnocchi & Pepper Breakfast Skillet
Gnocchi for breakfast? You better believe it. Who says dinnertime gets all the fun? Try your favorite Italian pasta in this savory breakfast skillet. We dare you.
- 1 (16-ounce) package DeLallo Potato Gnocchi
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 1 (12-ounce) jar DeLallo Roasted Red Peppers, drained & chopped
- 1 teaspoon DeLallo Chopped Garlic in Oil
- ½ cup diced green onions
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- DeLallo Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare gnocchi according package instruction.
- Fry the bacon, peppers and garlic in a large skillet. Drain most of the fat before adding gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi to the pan and fry until crisp on the outside, about 6-8 minutes.
- Fry or poach each egg. We chose to cook ours over-easy.
- Divide the gnocchi into four bowls. Top each with an egg, onions and fresh basil. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.