|Make Egg &
Pancetta Breakfast Pizza your reason to wake up in the morning with this
colorful breakfast recipe. We load up these homemade pizza pies with creamy
provolone, savory pancetta, peppery arugula and a cracked egg.|
Egg & Pancetta Breakfast Pizza
Make Egg & Pancetta Breakfast Pizza your reason to wake up in the morning with this colorful breakfast recipe. We load up these homemade pizza pies with creamy provolone, savory pancetta, peppery arugula and a cracked egg.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 3 cups DeLallo Imported Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- 3 1/2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- 8 ounces pancetta, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 large eggs
- Handful of fresh arugula, torn
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Form thin pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Divide toppings between each crust. First, spread a thin layer of crushed tomatoes. Top with provolone and then slices of pancetta. Sprinkle with cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned. Crack an egg over each pizza. Return pizzas back to the oven and bake for another 2-4 minutes more, until egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Serve topped with fresh arugula.