|Looking for a fun Halloween party food idea for kids and adults alike? Create mini personal fried pizzas using our Italian Pizza Dough Kit and get creative with all the spooky combinations of colorful toppings you love.|
Fright Night Fried Pizza
Looking for a fun Halloween party food idea for kids and adults alike? Create mini personal fried pizzas using our Italian Pizza Dough Kit and get creative with all the spooky combinations of colorful toppings you love.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- DeLallo Extra Light Olive Oil, for frying
- Pizza toppings of your choice (fresh or prepared)
- Here are some of our favorite combinations:
- Spider Web: Olive Tapenade, Strips of Provolone Cheese and Sliced Green Olives
- Mummy: Pesto, Provolone Cheese, Black Olives, Pepperoni
- Monster: Olive Tapenade, Green and Black Pitted Olives, Red Pepperazzi™, Mozzarella Pearls
- Attack of the Spiders: Pizza Sauce, Green and Black Olives, Mozzarella Pearls
- Bloodshot Eyeballs: Pizza Sauce, Provolone, Pepperoni, Black Olive
- Evil Eyes: Pizza Sauce, Basil Leaves, Green Olives
- Candy Corn: Provolone, Colby or Cheddar Cheese, Yellow Peppers
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water.
- Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Once the dough has risen, divide into 8 small equal pieces. Flatten into rounds by hand on a well-floured surface. Gently stretch.
- Heat oven to broil.
- To fry dough, pour enough oil into a deep frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium-high heat until deep=fry thermometer registers 325°F. Once oil is hot, fry dough rounds until they are golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Fry in batches. Remove cooked rounds with tongs or slotted spoon. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined baking sheet or cooling rack.
- Top fried dough with toppings. Optional: Heat under broiler to warm toppings and melt cheese.