|A homemade fall-inspired pizza topped with sweet-smoky roasted butternut squash, savory pancetta, creamy cheeses and a garnish of crispy fried sage leaves. This seasonal pizza pie recipe is made easy with our Italian Pizza Dough Kit.|
Butternut Squash Pizza with Pancetta & Sage
A homemade fall-inspired pizza topped with sweet-smoky roasted butternut squash, savory pancetta, creamy cheeses and a garnish of crispy fried sage leaves. This seasonal pizza pie recipe is made easy with our Italian Pizza Dough Kit.
- 1 (17.6-ounce) DeLallo Pizza Dough Kit
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 3 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 cups shredded provolone
- 2 heaping tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash, sautéed in olive oil
- 1 cup diced pancetta, browned and cooked through
- Handful of sage leaves
- Combine flour mix and yeast packet in a large mixing bowl with 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water. Stir with a fork until dough begins to form.
- Knead by hand for 3 minutes, or until dough is soft and smooth. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. (After this step, you can refrigerate for use within 1-3 days.)
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces. Form pizza by hand on a lightly oiled baking pan or pizza stone.
- Divide olive oil and toppings between each crust. First, brush pizzas with olive oil. Next, top with provolone cheese and small dollops of mascarpone. Sprinkle with butternut squash and browned pancetta.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is golden and toppings are browned.
- While pizza cooks, fry up sage leaves for about 2 minutes.
- Serve pizzas topped with fried sage.