You know those times when you just need really good food and you need really fast? No messing around, no massive trips to special grocery stores, no confusing steps? This girl – this capellini pomodoro – is everyone’s darling. She’s here for you when you need her.
Check out the full recipe here!
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 1 pound large shrimp
- Salt, pepper and olive oil, for your pan
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- SHRIMP: Heat a swish of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- GARLIC BUTTER POMODORO SAUCE: In the same pan, heat just a tiny bit more oil over medium low heat and toss the garlic in. Saute for a minute or two until it smells amazing. Add the tomatoes and broth and simmer for 10-ish minutes. The tomatoes will start to become saucy, and gradually that sauce will start to thicken. This is good.
- CAPELLINI: Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- ALL TOGETHER NOW: Add the butter and basil to the thickened sauce and stir to combine. If it needs thickening, let it hang out on low heat for just a little while longer. Season to taste. When the sauce is ready, add the shrimp back in. Serve the sauce over top of the pasta with a little Parm, salt, and pepper.