I’d have to admit, this post is all about the goo. And maybe a little avocado to compliment the garlicky plot.
Check out the full recipe here!
- LEVEL: Super Simple
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 slices whole wheat white bread, or bread of your choice
- 1 tablespoon DeLallo Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- ½ avocado, mashed
- 4-5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, dried thyme and mash together.
- Spread onion garlic butter mix on one side of each slice of bread, then flip the bread buttered side down.
- Layer the bottom slice of bread with a few slices of provolone, then add the mashed avocado and the sun dried tomato pesto. Top with the remaining provolone cheese and the other piece of bread. Spread with the butter mixture.
- Place a large non-stick pan on a burner over low and add the olive oil and a bit of the extra butter mixture. Add the sandwich and cover with a lid. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden, checking in to see that bread is slowly cooking and doesn't get too brown.
- Flip sandwich to the other side and cook for 2-3 minutes or until bread is toasty golden and the cheese has melted. The second side will cook faster than the first so watch it carefully. Enjoy hot.
- Thank you for reading and supporting companies I partner with, which allows me to create more unique content and recipes for you. As always, all opinions are my own.