A super idea for salmon burgers, this lemony herbaceous patty pairs up with A simple superstar salad starring our signature SaladSavors® Salad Toppings.
View original recipe post at PinchofYum.com.
- SERVES: 4
- LEVEL: Easy Weeknight
For the Salmon Burgers
- 1 shallot
- ½ cup fresh herbs (basil and parsley are great)
- 16 ounces wild caught raw salmon, skin removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon seasoning mix (I used a seafood seasoning that had marjoram, chives, and onion)
- a big squeeze of lemon juice - about a tablespoon
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons minced herbs and shallot (reserved from burgers)
- ¼ cup oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey
For the Salad:
- Bold DeLallo SaladSavors®
- 2-3 cups baby spinach
- Mince the shallot and herbs. Set aside two tablespoons of the shallot/herbs for the dressing. Saute the remaining shallot and herbs in a little olive oil over medium high heat for a few minutes to remove the bite (not totally necessarily, but it helps the flavor in my opinion).
- Pulse the salmon 2-3 times briefly in a food processor until well chopped and a little bit sticky. Stir together with the quinoa, eggs, seasoning, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and the shallots and herbs from step one. Shape the mixture into four patties.
- Heat a small drizzle of oil in skillet over medium high heat. Fry the patties one at a time (unless you have a huge griddle that can fit more), flipping once after 3-4 minutes. The patties should be golden brown on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a jar and shake until combined (don't forget the reserved shallot and herbs from step one). Set a little bit aside and toss the rest with the salad ingredients.
- Serve burgers over salad! Mix the reserved dressing with a little bit of greek yogurt or mayonnaise for a herb-dip-type-sauce and serve it over the salmon burgers. And feel fresh and healthy.