|With the briny flavor of capers and the fresh citrus of lemon, these cod fillets really shine in this easy seafood preparation.|
Pan-Fried Cod with Lemon Caper Sauce
With the briny flavor of capers and the fresh citrus of lemon, these cod fillets really shine in this easy seafood preparation.
- 4 (6-ounce) cod fillets, without skin
- DeLallo Sea Salt Grinder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons DeLallo Nonpareil Capers
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian, flat-leaf parsley, plus more for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- To begin, season the fish with salt and pepper, then lightly dust with flour. Pat to remove any excess flour.
- In a large, nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Cook the fish until crisp and golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Remove the fish from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the wine and capers to the hot skillet, and scrape up any browned-on bits in the bottom of the pan. Gently boil the mixture for 1 minute to concentrate the wine and evaporate the alcohol. Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter and parsley. Swirl the pan until the butter is just melted.
- Pour the caper butter over the fish, then top with squeezed lemon juice. Serve immediately.